O inglês é uma língua global há um certo tempo, e atualmente saber esse idioma é requisito básico para qualquer empreendedor ao redor de todo o globo, já que termos e expressões dessa língua aparecem frequentemente em todos os meios de comunicação e transação monetária.
Contudo, muitos termos ainda possuem um significado nebuloso para boa parte dos empreendedores brasileiros. Pensando nisso, formulei uma lista com algumas expressões para que você possa deixar sua interpretação de texto ainda mais afiada na língua estrangeira.
1) Establishment: A group in a society exercising power and influence over matters of policy, opinion, or taste, and seen as resisting change.
2) To Look The Part: To have an appearance, style or to look suitable for one’s role or a particular situation.
3) Fintech: Abbreviation of financial technology. Technology service companies that support or enable banking and financial services.
4) Gadget: A small mechanical or electronic device or tool, especially an ingenious one, or a new type.
5) Family Office: Family Offices are private wealth management advisory firms that offer a total outsourced solution to managing the financial and investment side of an affluent individual or family.
6) Data Room: A repository for documents and analysis, typically utilized during the due diligence process preceding a merger or acquisition (M&A). VDR = virtual data room (a secure online repository)
7) Benchmark: A benchmark is a standard against which the performance of a security, mutual fund or investment manager can be measured.
8) Joint Venture: A joint venture (JV) is a business arrangement in which two or more parties agree to pool their resources for the purpose of accomplishing a specific task. This task can be a new project or any other business activity. In a joint venture (JV), each of the participants is responsible for profits, losses and costs associated with it. However, the venture is its own entity, separate and apart from the participants' other business interests.
9) Lead: A lead, in a marketing context, is a potential sales contact: an individual or organization that expresses an interest in your goods or services.
10) Budget: A budget is an estimation of the revenue and expenses over a specified future period of time and is compiled and re-evaluated on a periodic basis.
Você pode encontrar mais definições em sites como o Investopedia.